Monday, August 10, 2009

Cry of an Indian Girl…

(This poem is not reference to today’s women, but the conditions earlier)


When I was under my mother’s shade,
I dug my senses with a spade.
When I was born they weren’t so happy,
Though I was like a soft toy,
But I was not a boy.
When I started to carry a satchel,
I was forbidden to mingle.
When I touched my teen age,
They decided for me a marriage cage.
When I entered into my life’s new stage,
It turned to be a blank page.
I was left with a white sari,
And so called society decided,
I was not to remarry.
I was boycotted from every ceremony,
As if I was never a member of this economy.
Then one day my life’s tree was given a chance to bend,
But I never found when the suffering of an Indian girl will end.

2 comments:

  1. This poem is not reference to today’s women>> What do u mean by this statement?

    Poem is good but still u feel that condition of an INDIAN GIRL IS SAME??

    ReplyDelete
  2. No....Thats what I meant by saying that this poem is not reference to todays women....I have writte this considering ealier women....not todays....

    ReplyDelete